2022 Memorials and Donations
- May 19, Arliss T. Piri, Minneapolis, MN
2021 Memorials and Donations
- December 5, Rhoda Swanson, Pine River & Pennington MN
- November 26, Mary Almendinger, Cass Lake, MN
- November 19, Sandra Aune
- November 18, Annie Green
- November 18, Sandy Knolls
- November 18, Susan Maloney
- November 18, Anonymous
- November 18 Charles Parson
- November 10, Niki Johnson
- November 8, Karl Weisenhorn
- November 2, Carol Groth
- October 2, Helen Glen, Bemidji, MN - In Memory of Judy Rossi
- October 1, Brian Moen, Blackduck, MN - In Memory of Judy Rossi
- September 24, Patrick F. & Janet Kuefler - In Memory of Judy Rossi
- September 17, Shirley Gilmore, Hines MN - In Memory of Judy Rossi
- September 15, Eric Linsk, St. Paul, MN - In Memory of Judy Rossi
- August 19, John Berwanger, Winnetka, IL
- July 3, Janice Wirtz, Waconia, MN
- January 21, Reed Olson, Bemidji, MN
TO DONATE VIA PAYPAL Use the donate button at the upper left column of this page.
NOTE, if you are sending a memorial please click on “Add special instructions to the seller” (in this case contribution recipient) and note who the donation is in memory of.
TO DONATE VIA PERSONAL CHECK Please download the printable form via the link below. Make check payable to Lady Slipper Scenic Byway, Inc and mail to the address on the form.
Lady Slipper Scenic Byway is a 501(c)3 organization. Contributions are tax deductible.
The Lady Slipper Scenic Byway (LSSB) organization is committed to enhancing the byway in all seasons but with a special focus on preserving the showy lady’s slippers along the byway and and making it possible for all to enjoy their beauty. Many volunteer hours have already been invested in projects that promote these goals, some projects have been accomplished, some are underway and some are still future plans. A project completed in 2014 was the establishment of two interpretive sites, one featuring the Mississippi River and one featuring our state flower, the Showy Lady’s Slipper orchid. At the Lady’s slipper site an accessible boardwalk allows for an up-close view of the orchids even for those with limited mobility. Interpretive Sites
One of the projects still underway is an LSSB-directed, multi-year rescue then restoration of lady’s slippers along the byway during the 5 phases of highway reconstruction. Another project in early stages is a walking path at the Mississippi River Site.
LSSB runs on a very lean budget and has no paid staff. It is very much a small budget, large project organization. Many of the projects are accomplished with grant funding, but such funding is not usually available for ongoing maintenance of the amenity sites or expenses related to continuing as an organization.
The LSSB volunteer board members would be honored to use your donation or memorial gift to make traveling and spending time on the Lady Slipper Scenic Byway an enjoyable and memorial experience for all.